Sunday, November 20, 2011

What is Going on Here?

I think everyone has seen the ads for World Vision. It breaks my heart every time I see them, and in June I decided to break in my debit card by making what I thought was a one time donation. Well fast forward to November, and as I am balancing my check book, I realized that everything wasn't adding up. Now, as a dyslexic, I am notorious for miss adding things, however I keep all my receipts because of that, and after checking and rechecking my additions and subtractions, it just wasn't adding up. And then I remembered that my bank offers an online portion, and after logging on and hunting around, I found that I had been donating $35 dollars a month since June, adding up to a whopping $175.

Now I know that $175 isn't a whole lot of money in the long run, but with what I make it is. I'm really surprised I didn't notice till now, but I chalk that up to my being away for a long time this summer and honestly not using my card that much. My dad, the saint that he is, called World Vision for me and figured out how to cancel it. And then he offered to reimburse me. And I was shocked. Yes it was an accidental donation, but it was to a good cause and so I really didn't mind that much. So obviously I refused very adamantly. But from this, I learned my lesson, always make sure its not a reoccurring donation unless you want it to be.

Has this ever happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say