Thursday, November 24, 2011

Be Prepared to Cry

I'm sure every teen girl reading this has heard of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. The books were in every book store for a while, especially air ports and the movie swept the country. I read every book in the series, as did all of my friends and we all use to wonder what happened to the girls after the series ended and (spoiler alert) the pants were lost. So when I went to the library and saw that there was a new one out, I was elated. Finally a change to see what happened to these girls that I had grown to love like sisters. Sisterhood Forever by Ann Brashares takes place ten years after the last book ends. As always, I don't want to give to much away, but this ones a heart breaker. I'm not really one to cry during books, but after such a long journey with these women, I feel like I am right in the story.

Sisterhood Forever doesn't sugar coat things. Our favorite group of girls has grown up, and the plot line of the book follows that. Don't try reading this amazing novel if you don't have time to spend reading it in order, because it will suck you in. I stayed up late trying to finish because I just had to know what happens. It'd be great for a long plane ride or drive, because I can tell you right now, if you have been with the Septembers since the beginning, you will have to know what happens. Or even if you haven't.

There is a mystery wrapped into Sisterhood Forever, and that is what will draw in readers that haven't necessarily been with the girls since the beginning. And that is why I am recomending this book to everyone, no matter what. Its my personal conviction that everyone should read the whole series before reading the last book, but really Sisterhood Forever is so well written that you dont have to. But still read the whole series, it will make the last book so much more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Say what you mean and mean what you say