Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Word!

Recently I went and met up with my Girl Scout troop leader, Ms. Hahne. As you, my dear readers, can tell I am looking into getting the Girl Scout Gold Award. Although it is often referred to as the Eagle Scout award of Girl Scouting, honestly, it doesn't have the same publicity. Anyway, I have been a girl scout on and off since brownies, but recently myself and a few other girls started up a troop and although we are not very active, we are picking up the pace.

Anyway, I was listening to a podcast about a year ago talking about the Girl Scout Gold Award, but before that I had never heard of it. However the concept and I really agreed with each other, and it spurned me to get more into the Girl Scouting community. Eventually, I got it together enough to go and talk to my troop leader about getting started, and she was really on board with the idea. Another girl in my troop is going to go for the Gold Award also, and so we are going to be doing a whole lot of pre req stuff together. Ms. Hahne and I looked at some of the things that are needed online, and lemme say, its a lot of work. I knew it was going to be but wow, its a good thing I have a few years to do all of this. Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted on whats going on with it.

Have any of you achieved the Girl Scout Gold Award or became an Eagle Scout? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say