Friday, November 4, 2011

The Solice of the Library

Right now I am sitting typing at a computer at a library. Yes a library. Yes books still exist. I know, with all of the Internet being used these days its surprising. Oh wait I forgot you couldn't hear sarcasm online. Crud!

Anyway, I am sitting at a library using this dinosaur of a computer with keys so loud I am surprised I have not been kicked out yet surrounded by my favorite things in the world. Books. When I was little, asking my mom to read to me was the only sure fire way to get her to drop what she was doing and spend time with me. As I grew up, my love of books and stories helped diagnose me with Dyslexia because it was weird that reading would be a daily struggle because I loved books so much. Books have been my constant companions since childhood, and every day I feel that love growing. They have honestly saved my life, by providing an escape when life itself got too hard.

Library's, being filled with the one thing I love most, are my favorite places in the world. And the only reason I have yet gone bankrupt. If it weren't for libraries I would have never been able to read as many books I have read without out spending every cent I have. And I know what you are going to say, but I want to own my books and be able to read and re read them when ever I want. Well I do too! And if I love a book enough I will buy it. And then read it so many times that it will fall apart and I will have to buy another copy. Yes that has happened before. But for the most part, I read a book once and am done.

Having access to a library opens up another world for me, and I am sure it does for other people. And that I why I want to open a library where one is needed, to bring stories to people and open them up to the wonderful world that is reading. I mean, who doesn't love a good book right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say