Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It Took My Breath Away

I think everyone has heard of Jodi Picolt. That movie based on My Sisters Keeper swept through the nation, and made women cry from sea to shining sea. But obviously before there was a movie based on her books, there were the books themselves. And what amazing books they are. I'm not totally sure when I discovered Jodi Picolt but I think it was in 7th grade. I was chilling in the locker room after school, and started talking with my friend MB about what else but books? It turns out that she was reading this book called The Pact by guess who? Jodi Picolt! So little 12 year old me scampered upstairs to the library and checked it out. And promptly fell in love with her writings.


Sing You Home is Jodi Picolt's newest book. Its been out for a couple months now, and I think I saw in in an airport book store at one point or another, but never bought it. But when I saw it at a library last week I figured, what the hay. So I checked out Sing You Home, and actually started reading it in the car. However when I realized that there were other books due before it, Sing You Home was put back on the shelf. But when it came closer and closer to its due date, off it came from the shelf, and I started reading. And like the title said, Sing You Home took my breath away.

I really can't tell you too much about Sing You Home because, well the plot is so fantastic that I couldn't bare to spoil it. But please trust me, Jodi Picolt is an amazing writer. Her novels read so quickly, but have so much depth and heart. Sing You Home is worth buying because of her literary powers, and reading again and again and again. What are you doing still on my blog? Go get the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say