Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Her Eyes

Its no secret that everyone loves Princess Di. Its been over a decade since her death, and it seems like I can't go a week with out hearing about the British Royal Family and some connection to her. Now I know the press must have been absolutely awful to live with, which ironically is where I heard that from. Anyway The Untold Story by Monica Ali is about Diana. It shows her faking her own death and moving to the states, after some intense plastic surgery of course. Obviously it wasn't after the car crash that actually killed her, in the book there is a different story. I'm not going to say to much, because you guys know how I feel about spoilers. However what I will say is that The Untold Story is so confusing. I think its because I know the Diana story so well but still, I am almost 100% sure that Diana's name is never mentioned inside the actually novel. I checked the front flap, and it does say her name there, but my assumption is that Ali just figures that everyone can puzzle the peaces together.

Well for now, everyone can puzzle together what is going on in The Untold Story but I honestly don't think it will stand the test of time. Its well written sure, interesting plot twists and nice characters, there is even a nice little sub plot with good morals. But the complete absence of who Lydia once was, if it was for copyright purposes or just an over site, is what is going to be one of the reasons why The Untold Story will not stand the test of time. But hey, if your reading my blog in present day, go ahead and read it, its not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say