Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ten HUT!

For some reason, I have gotten into watching Army Wives. I think it was Amber from Airing my Dirty Laundry: One Sock at a Time. She is always talking about how great Army Wives is. So the other day, I decided to get the free trial of Netflix, just to see what it is like. I'm making a little money now and it seemed like something good. Anyway I seem to be getting a little of topic here. The reason I brought up Army Wives is that every time I watch it, it reinforces something I have been thinking and dreaming about a long time.

And that is to join the IDF. Not for a long time, the time that girls serve is about two years, nor in a high combat situation, but its still a weird thing to say. I don't think anyone at my school has every joined the army or the navy or the coast guard much less gone to another nations army. But its something that I would like to do. At the summer camp I go to we spend a lot of time talking about the IDF, and how needed every person is that serves.

I don't want you to think that I don't love this great nation of ours. Because I do. But Israel is still my native homeland as someone who is Jewish. I do love the USA, but I feel like I am needed more in Israel.

Talking about this on my blog is something that took great consideration. My mom and dad are not totally on board with it, which makes sense. The view of the IDF is that it is very heavy in death. But its something that I really believe in, and so whether they like it or not, I'll be spending two years between high school and college in Israel, serving for them. For us. And keeping my country safe. And then after those two years are over, I will come back to the US and serve my other country as a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say