Monday, October 17, 2011

The People Princess

Recently my dad picked up The Queen from Walgreens. The casing was broken at the bottom, and so it was about $6. We brought it home, and I got to work on homework. A few days later my mom and I sat down and watched it.

And both of us loved it. The use of footage from the 90s and of the actors was stellar, the way they were mashed together. It was amazing. I gained this new sympathy for Queen Elizabeth. And I feel like she just needs a hug.

Over my years of studying England and its history, I have heard a lot of details and information about Her Majesty and her family. And I feel like there really isn't much love and warmth involved. Being Queen must be a really hard job. Probably the hardest job she didn't apply for. She was born into it. And for that, I really pity the whole family. It must be so stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say