Thursday, October 13, 2011

Family Love of Fondue

I'm not sure when this happened but a while back the Melting Pot moved in near my house. It was such a family hit. When ever there was something to celebrate, we would go there. However, it is incredibly expensive. And so after a while we decided to try and make our own fondue. Sometime this summer, my dad and I did. Mom and Baby Sister were at a soccer game, and we started a while before they were suppose to get back. Well lets just say by the time they did, there wasn't much left.

Home made fondue speed up the family favorite list, so much that my mom and dad got me a fondue pot for my birthday this year, and so now we can make it when ever where ever we want.

So the other night, we had a family movie night. Not uncommon in my house. And for it, what else should we make but fondue? And instead of using our normal recipe I tried the one in the Joy of Cooking. In case you were wondering, I am trying to cook my way through the Joy of Cooking. I don't really have a deadline or anything, its just something I'm doing in my free time.

Anyway, making the fondue was somewhat of a disaster. As you can see in the picture below, it doesn't really have the right consistency. First of all, I used WAY to much wine. It was suppose to be two cups, but I put three. And by the time I realized that, the consistency was way off. So my dad poured off some of the excess and we added some more cheese and corn starch. It was still kinda liquidity, but we decided to just suffer through and eat.
Doesn't this look yummy!
And bright yellow. 
Maybe I should have called the EPA instead of eating in 

And you know what, the fondue wasn't so bad. We all kept loosing bread in it, but that could have been the forks. They were new and we got them from a salvation army store so you never know. Over all, I think I'd try it again with the right measurements to make sure I like it, but over all, not bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say