Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Save the Ta-Tas!

This weekend was the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Breast cancer and finding a cure for it is something near and dear to my heart. Not only is my Grandma Luna a Holocaust survivor but she also beat breast cancer. So bright and early I got up and got dressed and went to City Park to do a 5k. When I got there I met up with some friends then split up. Some of my friends had already done the one mile fun run, but myself and E had not and so we started off on the walk.

It has been cold recently, so I wore jeans for the walk. Remember the leeway in my dress like a Duggar year, if I am doing something athletic it is ok not to wear a skirt. Anyway by the time we had hit about a half mile, it was burning hot and I was parched. Luckily there was a water station close by, and all was well. It was a great way to kick off my charity walks.

So have any of y'all done any good charity walk/runs, comment and let me know all about em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say