Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Boy's Life, A Man's Memoir

This year in English class we read This Boy's Life by Tobias Wolff. To be honest English and therefore that memoir was really the only enjoyable thing about school. This Boy's Life was amazingly written, it was so fascinating that I read it TWICE! It is really one of the only school books I have read more then once. I loved it so much. I actually enjoyed reading it. Do you know how few forced books I have ever really liked.

Anyway, its kind of hard to describe This Boy's Life without giving it away, so I am not going to try. But you have to trust me on this one, oh wonderful blog readers of mine. This memoir reads like a soap opera. But not a trashy soap. One of the greats, that enthralls you and begs you to read more. Over all, This Boy's Life is the perfect combination of enthralling and literary genius, an air plane read with substance. It is really a fine memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say