Friday, October 7, 2011

How Could She Let Something That Handsome Die?????

Who here doesn't know about the Titanic? If anyone raised their hands, I want you to leave this page immediately and go on a google exhibition about the great Titanic. But really, if you haven't heard of the Titanic and you DONT live under a rock I am incredibly confused. And if you live under a rock, how are you reading this. Anyway, I had heard of the Titanic growing up, the true story and the movie. It took me years to actually watch the James Cameron movie Titanic because I always heard it would make me cry. And I really don't like making myself cry.

I actually became fascinated in Titanic before I saw the movie, which does seem to be in reverse of how it normally works. There was a big exhibit in New York when I was there for Thanksgiving and my dad took me to see it. It was such an amazing exhibit and incredibly well made. Well after we spent a few hours in place, we found ourselves in the gift shop. I ended up getting a book on the Titanic, the first one published after the sinking if fact. As we were paying for it, I spied a TV with some people in freezing water, talking amidst the screen. That's right, in the gift shop of a Titanic exhibit they were playing Titanic. Shocker right?

Anyway, that night for some reason I couldn't sleep. I always have problems sleeping in the city. Everything is just so busy and I just have problems getting to sleep. So after tossing and turning for an hour or two, I decided to get up and go online and watch a movie. And Titanic came to mind. So after searching around the net for a bit, I found a link that I liked.

So late that night I started on the three hour journey that is the movie Titanic. And I fell in love with it. The movie was so well crafted, so artful, and so... well I do have to admit that Leonardo DiCaprio helped a little. Since then I have seen it about a million times. Its on our DVR permanently and I watch it all the time. Even my baby sister loves to watch it.

The last time I watched Titanic I was at my SBS's house for a sleepover. She and I started watching it a little before midnight. Which means that at 3 in the morning we were watching Jack freeze to death. And she and I were yelling at the screen, yelling at Rose to let Jack back on board. How could she let someone so hot die. HOW!

But in the end, Titanic is such an inspiring movie. To try so hard to live, even when the odds are against you. To fight and to live life to its fullest. And that's what I am trying to do. Everyday. So Jack, I'd like to raise a glass. To make it count!

2 comments:

  1. This post made me giggle a little. I saw the movie in the theater at a girlfriend's 13th birthday (was that 1997?) I was sitting next to a boy I liked a lot and I really didn't want him to see me cry, so we huddled and made quiet comments/jokes among ourselves. One of them was, "Why can't he just stay on the door?? It seems to be holding their weight just fine!" Alas, it's just a movie, and thank goodness at least Leonardo lived to act another day :) I would love to see an exhibit about the Titanic! There is a kind of dinner theater in Florida that I found where you're eating in a place decorated and created to resemble the Titanic, and actors and actresses around you in period costumes - looks like a really cool evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where that dinner theater is? Because I live with in a days drive of Florida and a lot of my friends are HUGE titanic fans.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean and mean what you say