Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Every Baby Should Have a Home Made Blanket

I know a lot of people say that babies are a blessing no matter what. And I agree with that. But sometimes little blessings are sent to people who aren't quite ready to receive them. That wasn't the case for me. My mom and dad tried for years to have kids before I was born, and when I was my Grandma made me a home made blanket. I will always have that, to remember my baby days by.

But some babies don't have loving grandma's to crochet them blankets that they will have for the rest of their lives. And that is something I'd like to change. I think that every baby should have a homemade blanket. So that's what I am doing.

I'm going to crochet and donate 1,000 baby blankets to babies that don't have them. No, I'm not a 50 year old woman, although when I took my crocheting onto the bus to conclave a few weeks ago about 10 people asked me if I was. In reality, crocheting is really relaxing. As soon as I finish a blanket, I'll post pictures of it. And I'd really recommend you try crocheting, I'm really loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say