Thursday, December 8, 2011

And He Said We Would Cry

Last year in history, we studied the second half of world history. From the Enlightenment to Gandhi. And so of course after we studied Gandhi we had to watch the Academy Award winning movie about his life. Appropriately titled Gandhi. And I loved it. The historical accuracy and amazing film combination is something so rare. Most films struggle to maintain that kind of a balance, but Gandhi hit the sweet spot. It was touching and wonderfully shot. My history teacher last year swore that I would cry out of everyone in the class, and although the movie was touching and sad I didn't cry. Nor did anyone else in my class. But that might have been because he warned us about it. So if your going to watch Gandhi I'd bring a box of tissues just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say