Sunday, December 4, 2011

Accidents on the Crazy Road Called Life

I think that everyone loves Jane Lynch. Well everyone that's watched anything she is in that is. But really its hard not to know who Jane Lynch is these days. It seems like she is in almost everything these days. I first saw Jane Lynch with out having any idea who she was in Talladega Knights: The Balled of Ricky Bobby. My mom absolutely loves that movie and I always thought the mom in it (played by Jane Lynch) was a great character. I also loved her character in Julie and Julia, which incidentally I am watching right now. But the first time I saw Jane was in Glee. I was a gleek from the start, and although I don't really watch it now, sometimes I will just watch Jane's scenes. She does such a wonderful job with Sue, making the character hilariously hateful but just when I can't stand her, the tides turn and a plot line tugs at my heart strings.

In Happy Accidents Jane Lynch does just that. There are moments of it where you think that she can be such a bitchy drama queen. Yea that's right I said it. There are moments in Happy Accidents where I just thought that if I had to work with Jane on something it would drive me crazy. But for about 90% of the memoir, I was the biggest Jane Lynch fan girl. Her exploration of what it was that she was feeling as a lesbian when being a lesbian wasn't something in the main stream vocabulary is very commendable, and the story of her falling in love at first sight made me grin. Not only does Jane Lynch have great comedic timing but she also is an incredibly funny writer. If you loved Bossy pants by Tina Fey (and really who didn't) then you'll love Happy Accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say