Sunday, March 25, 2012

You Can't Win Them All

This weekend NFTY-So's spring conclave was held in my city. Although I wasn't elected as a conclave chair, in fact I didn't run for anything, my advisor and Hilary (the conclave chair) appointed me as the other one. It was the best experience I've had in a while, and although this weekend was incredibly stressful, with making sure everything was running smoothy and my friends were all getting along, I loved almost every minuet of it. Well there was about a half hour where I totally crashed and just laid on a couch recharging but other then that it was amazing.

One of my signs of progress with this whole self esteem thing is that I ran for regional board. I'll tell you now I did not win, I ran against the most popular boy in NFTY-So, and I'm sure he will do a great job as regional SAVP. But the fact that I had the chutzpah to run is something I, and my family, are very proud of. This time last year I never would have been able to put myself out there like that, knowing that even if I didn't win at least I tried and that there is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say