Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oh. My. God

Last night I finished reading The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. And by last night I mean last month, but that's niter here nor there. The point is I was floored. I never really expect much from kitting books, generally they are pretty straight forward and predictable, that is unless they are a mystery. Yes I enjoy them but I always know what is going to happen. Not so much with The Friday Night Knitting Club. I don't want to spoil it, but all I can say is that I stayed up till almost midnight finishing the book, and when I was done my head was spinning.

On GoodReads a lot of people said it was cliche, poorly written, and boring. I disagreed. Now it may not be every ones cup of tea but isn't life full of cliches? They have to have some sort of basis or they would have never come to be. I personally would recommend it to the chick lit loving population but I can't guarantee they would like it. However I did, and you might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say