Saturday, March 3, 2012

Behind the Wheel: Part 1

I've never been to antsy to learn to drive. Honestly the whole operation kind of scares me. You can do a lot of damage in a car and there are a lot of idiots on the road. Most of my friends have gone to drivers ed, some even have licenses and cars. But me, I had never been behind the wheel. Until today.

My dad has been talking about teaching me how to drive for a few weeks now, and I had looked up a few drivers ed courses but hadn't really taken much interest. For some reason, inspiration struck my father and I to get me driving. He and I hopped into his Mini Cooper and drove to an old closed down Robérts.

There it is. The first place I drove!

My dad and I switched places in the car and I sat behind the wheel for the first time in my life. I know I know I already said that, but it was kind of a big deal. 
Do I look scared to death? Because I am

I stalled the car a few times, and was sort of jumpy for a bit, but I got the hang of it after a while. My dad had prepped me for the worst, so by the time we went home I was feeling good about it. I am nowhere near street ready, but although my dad didn't say it I know he was proud of how well I was doing. It felt very freeing, and I am actually excited to get my license and go on a few adventures. 


2 comments:

  1. Lucky Child!!! Then again, New Orleans is a place that is a lot safer to drive around in than New York

    ReplyDelete
  2. A post about my Bar Mitzvah would be welcome at any time.
    Thank You...

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean and mean what you say