Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Calhoun Girls have some spunk in em!

I had my flirtations with romance novels. I know puny but its true. I've bought a few of them, and liked them as much as one can like clichéd books. I've thought about trying to write one, I mean how hard could it be, but never really put in an effort.

I got the complete Calhoun collection by Nora Roberts for a few bucks at GoodWill. I never really got into them, but I can't lie and say they were totally awful either. I brought the collection with me camping, and it was light enough to read around the fire.

The women in it were all cliché, and the men were not very believable. The main mystery plot was decent , I even got into it at some points, but I felt like the build up was to long for such a short conclusion. I hated that everyone had a happily ever after, although it being a romance novel I didn't expect much else. The premise was good, if it hadn't been written as a romance novel it might have actually been a good book/book series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say