Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Now I Know How Jack and Rose Felt

I'm not very coordinated. I can walk, and even dance sometimes but I tend to stumble a lot. Stumble but never quite fall. My friends use to say my long thick hair acts like a cats tail keeping me steady. Since I cut my hair I have become a little more clumsy, which is odd I have to say.

You'd think that since I know I'm clumsy I would stay away from things that require balance. Well I don't. At all. At Coronado I saw that we could take surfing lessons, so my baby sister and I signed up for it. At the last minuet my dad joined us.

I think I can pull off the wetsuit quite well

With my Grandfather before we hit the waves


We had a quick land lesson and then hit the surf. There was a collective gasp, the water was freezing. The wet suits helped a little, but we didn't have anything on our feet or hands. Luckily I lost feeling in them pretty soon. My little sister caught on pretty fast, my dad got the knack of it soon but I had some problems at the start. I caught the waves but always seemed to be heading towards someone or something. But eventually I caught a few waves and stood up. It felt like I was flying even though I'm sure I was moving at a snails pace.

There were a few epic wipe outs, I must have swallowed more icy cold salt water then healthy because I had a sore throat for the rest of the day. A few times I just wanted to lay down on the board and just stop bit each time I grabbed the board and kept trying. In the end it was a total blast, and I can't wait to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say