Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dancing Bears, Painted Wings

Although Anastasia is not a Disney movie (I think) but I always count it as one. It takes a depressing story (like Disney) animates it (like Disney) adds a few songs (like Disney) and adds a happily ever after (like Disney). And like Disney its also won Oscars.
The first time I watched Anastasia I was at a sleepover, and it scared us both so much we couldn't sleep. Its a creepy movie, based on a horrifying story. But I mean once you get past that its a great movie. The drawings are really good and the songs have been stuck in my head more times then I can count. So what if its not historically accurate? Most movies aren't. But its a great introduction to Russian history for kids. They watch it at 9 and then start to wonder, hop on the google machine, have their hopes and dreams dashed about Anya surviving, but in the end an interest in Russian history is born. And adorable bat like creatures.

Admit it, he is really adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say