Saturday, May 26, 2012

Good Gatsby!

My dad loves to mention how much I hated The Great Gatsby when I first had to read it. I could force myself to keep reading for the first third of the book. He has a theory that most people hate books that they have to read. But after a while I fell in love with the story, especially the symbolism. I will never again be able to see a green light without thinking about Jay.

Also, for the next week there will be some quite on the blog. I am going away to be a counselor for Camp Dream St, a camp for kids with mental of physically disabilities. I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get back though!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your Dad's theory about most books. The Scarlet Letter is my "hate it because I had to read it but I am sure it really is good" book. Though I make an exception for The Grapes of Wrath - I firmly believe I would strongly dislike this book whether I had to read it or not.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you mean and mean what you say