Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Timmy Boo

You know how you cant always see how one thing leads to so many others? Well when I left my lovely neighborhood Starbucks to go home I never expected what would happen next. On my way I found a bunny eating weeds on the side of the road. Yes that's right an adorable little bunny. Someone said that they had seem him a few times and a women walking her dogs said that he used to belong to someone but that he lived in an empty field now.

I called the LASPCA. I would have taken him to ARNO but they only take dogs and cats. The women that picked up the phone said that I could bring him in and they would put him up for adoption. So I thought about it and figured that I could at least try to pick it up. My friend Bean has had a few rabbits and they never really liked to be picked up, so I didn't really expect him to comply.

But he did. The rabbit let me pick him up, and I held him and talked softly to him and he stayed in my arms. And I continued on my way home. I got some really weird looks and a few "nice rabbit"s. But the rabbit, who I named Timmy Boo after one of my favorite podcasters, and I made it home safe and sound. He only squirmed when I shifted him to quickly or if he was uncomfortable.

When I got home I grabbed everything I could think of to make an impromptu rabbit hutch. I cleared out a plastic bin, got all of the fresh veggies I could find, something to hold water and newspaper to line the bottom. All with Timmy still in my arms. I went upstairs and got both of the cats out of my room. Remus (my little black kitten) looked at Timmy as if to say "what is this? I don't know what it is but I like it!" He was hot at my feet the entire time and it took a lot to get him out of my room. Milky Way (my large older grey tabby cat) was lounging on the bed and looked up at Timmy as if to say "well finally your apologizing for getting that young black scrap."

I set everything up in the "hutch" and put Timmy in to see if he was hungry or thirsty. He did not like the thing and hopped out so I put him on my bed so I could keep an eye on him and do my work at the same time. My dad was not thrilled that I brought a rabbit home but fell in love when he saw him. And who wouldn't?



The story isn't over yet, so stay tuned to learn the fate of Timmy Boo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say