Monday, January 23, 2012

So Thats How Russian Women Stay So Skinny

When I was seven we went to Russia to adopt my baby sister. And in Russia my family ate a LOT of Russian food. And some really good calamari at a German restaurant. But the Russian food is the important part. It tastes good, all full of butter and yumminess. Emphasis on the butter. Lots and lots of butter. And the strangest part was all of the tall thin Russian women eating plates upon plates of buttery Russian food, and still managing to stay thin.

A few days ago on the way back from Kallah I read The Winter Garden by Kirstin Hannah. I'll talk about it in a few days, but a huge part of the the novel is Russian food. And reading it on the bus made me crave Russian food like no tomorrow. Another part of the book was making food and freezing it.

For dinner tonight my mom and I made Beef Stroganoff from The Joy of Cooking. I made the first round and my mom made the second.


I know it looks bad but it tasted great. My mom cut her meat better, and the one I made we froze so I haven't tried it but we used the same recipe and it was yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say