Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Please Don't Hate Me! Here Have a Cookie

I babysit this adorable little girl who I in my Sunday School class on a pretty regular basis. Lets call her Lucy, because I don't want to put her real name out on here. The first time I baby sat her somehow the topic of food came up and I promised that some time we would bake chocolate chip cookies.

So a few hours before I was suppose to go over and baby sit her I open up my well worn copy of The Joy of Cooking and look for a chocolate chip cookie recipe. I put a bar of frozen butter into the mixer and let it thaw for a bit and start getting out the other ingredients. I had to call my dad to pick up brown sugar on the way home after my mom swore that we had some in the house. And then when I was measuring the flour it spilled everywhere. It was just kind of those aaaah what a mess moments! But everything after that went well and a made the batter and put it in a Tupperware to take to Lucy's house.

Chilling in the fridge waiting to be taken to Lucy's

With my moms warning of "Don't forget the Tupperware" still ringing in my ears, I walked up the stairs to Lucy's house and rang the bell. Her mom let me in and Lucy ran up to me asking "Did you bring the cookie dough." I told her I did and her smile was huge. 

After Lucy's mom left we set out to neatly put the cookies on a tray and into the oven. But when they came out they looked like this

Doesn't that look yummy?

All the cookies had squished together. And get this, Lucy doesn't like vanilla cookies with chocolate chips and thought I was bringing chocolate chip cookies with chocolate chips! She had a try me bite and decided that she didn't like them. But hey the cookies were amazing, if slightly under baked and a gigantic mass. I'd make them again another day. And next time I babysit Lucy I'll bring chocolate cookie dough with chocolate chips. And in case any of you were wondering, I remembered the Tupperware. My mom was quite surprised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say