Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ricky Bear

Like I mentioned before I have been giving a hand to my baby sisters Brownie troop, helping them with the sing a long and recently I chaperoned their trip to The Teddy Bear House. For those who don't know what The Teddy Bear House, it is a house in New Orleans that has more then 10,000 teddy bears in it. Ricky (the man who collects the bears) and a bunch of volunteers start stetting up the house in May and it opens for a few weeks in December. It all started because people called Ricky Rickey Bear, and has gotten a lot of press in the local media.


Sadly this is the last year that The Teddy Bear House is going to be up and running because of the amount of time it takes to set it up and take it down. And it just so happened that my baby sisters troop was going to the house. So I grabbed my Senior vest and went with my mom to help out. The girls took the street car from school and we met them their, and I went on a tour of the house with about five of them. It was so cool to see the house for the last time, with so many bears, many of them with historical backgrounds. And what is better then teddies bears and history. Besides chocolate nothing in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say