Thursday, September 29, 2011

I call one of my friends Bear Jew

So this summer at camp, the guys for their bunk night watched Inglorious Bastards. And according the them, it was the best part of the night. Now I have no idea how valid that statement is, considering that our bunk night was top secret, but hearing them say that got me to thinking. I have never seen Inglorious Bastards. And after hearing the boys raving reviews of it, borrowed my friend A's iPod and gave it a try.

Although Inglorious Bastards can be somewhat confusing at times, given the language changes and name changes throughout the film, I absolutely loved it. Seeing Nazi Germany brought to life in a somewhat comedic drama, in a way so realistic was enlightening to say the least. It also got me to understand some of the more obscure pop culture references to the film, like one of the episodes of The Simpsons that takes place during this time and parodies the film in some ways, having Marge playing the role of Shoshanna but with some sort of a twist. And why my friend Fluffy is sometimes called Bear Jew by his friends at home. Over all, I absolutely adored Inglorious Bastards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say