Sunday, September 18, 2011

We're off to see the wizard!

One of my favorite movies when I was younger was The Wizard of Oz. Now don't get me wrong, it scared the living daylights out of me. Every aspect of that movie is scary, from the winkies, the wizards mechanical head, and the monkeys. Oh and lets not forget the green witch. Everything in that movie was scary and odd and it just creeped me out! But, I still loved to watch it. I dressed up as Glinda one year for Halloween one year, and my friend Tess was Dorothy. My school is actually doing The Wizard of Oz this year, and we were talking about it during a practice. Apparently it isn't uncommon for kids to be totally afraid of, yet love The Wizard of Oz.

Anyway, we were having a family movie night the other night, and decided to watch The Wizard of Oz. My little sister, E, has never seen it which I think is just sad since she is now 9. So we decided to buy it, because we for some reason already didn't, and settled down to watch it. And let me tell you, I forgot how wonderful The Wizard of Oz really is. I guess I haven't seen it in a while, and instead of not being as good as I remember, like most all movies, it was better. Just like a lot of cartoon Disney movies from the Disney Renaissance, The Wizard of Oz is a movie that both adults, kids, and teens will love. It just gets better with age!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say