Thursday, September 22, 2011

Someone is watching over her

Recently I read Someone to watch over me by Michelle Stimpson. Over all it was a good book. Very very very beachy, well actually it'd be better for a long car ride. That's when I read most of it anyway. Basically, the main character Tori is living the high life. She has an amazing job, and amazing condo and a not so amazing boyfriend. The boyfriend, who's name I don't even remember, is just a butt. Now I understand that some people are really not the marrying kind but still. Lets call this boyfriend the butt Kevin because I think that's what he was named. Anyway Kevin travels a lot for his work, and is really not around for Tori when she needs him.

So after Tori has some sort of medical emergency, and releases that she has no friends, no family, and no loved ones in town, AND after hearing that her beloved Aunt Dottie has had a stroke, Tori moves back to a small town and realizes how different life can be.

Over all, I really liked Someone to watch over me. Granted it was predictable, but then again isn't most chick lit? It also did have a very strong Christian theme. However as someone who does believe in a religion, it wasn't hard to relate, it was just some what overbearing at times. But looking into who the author is, I have realized that she is a very prominent christian writer. All in all, Someone to watch over me is a pretty enjoyable book, but only if you enjoy or can overlook certain facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say