Thursday, February 16, 2012

There Has Got To Be More!

I never really knew much about life in America in World War II. Great Depression, sure my Grandma grew up then and I have heard stories of when she grew up. The 50s well of course, its been portrayed and stereotyped in every TV show. But as far as life in America during the second world war, the extent of my knowledge stopped with the American Girl books.  Louise's War by Sarah R. Shaber, changed that slightly.

Louise's War is a spy murder mystery, written in the perspective of both Louise and her friend Rachel, who is married and lives in France at the start of the Second World War. That wouldn't be so bad, but Rachel is Jewish. She writes to her college roommate Louise, who she knows lives in Washington DC for help, and what happens next can only be described as a twisting plot, and at the end I honestly couldn't believe that the book was over. Luckily with the help of Lord Google I found my way to Shaber's website  and discovered that it is a series, so I will be able to find out Rachel's fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say