Monday, August 8, 2011

Reading 100 books in a year

One of the first goals I am trying to complete is to read 100 books from this August to next. One day I hope to try to read a book a day for a year, but I think trying to read 100 books in a year is a good warm up challenge. I have already read two. The first was One Day by David Nicolls. One Day follows the lives of two friends Emma and Dexter on July 15th of every year for about 20 years. It was an amusing novel, although as it got towards the end I would have to reread pages to figure out if some of his sentences were symbolic or real. The second was Not Afraid of Life Bristol Palins memoir. I read it in about a day, and honestly enjoyed it. Reading her memoir brought some perspective into the other side of the story, a story I had not really researched much. All in all I would recommend both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say