Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Plaidy Lady

I first stumbled upon Jean Plaidy at a JCC used book sale. The title first caught my eye, it being on Katherine of Aragon. By this point in my life I was already a very huge Tudor fan, and any chance to try a new author was a great prospect. Plus the bargain hunter in me loved that it was three books in a collected space for on $3.50. What I didn't know was the secret phenomenon I had just stumbled upon. Years later, on a school trip to Swannee, I found a bunch of paper back Plaidys and picked one up for the bus ride home, falling in love with her all over again. When I got home, I did my research and found that Jean Plaidy was actually a pseudonym for Eleanor Hibbert , a woman who had in a lifetime of 86 years had published about 130 books. And so here begins my challenge, to read all of the books published under the pseudonym Jean Plaidy, about 101 books. It should be quite an interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say