Sunday, August 21, 2011

Heat Wave, its a tropical heat wave

Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer is a book I chose, like most books from the library, at random and from mostly aesthetic expressions. I don't think I even read the inside flap. You know the old saying, don't judge a book by its cover. Well I have found that the more experienced a reader, the better you can judge books by a glance. That doesn't mean you don't have a few flops every once and a while. When I first started reading Heat Wave I thought it would be one of those flops. The writing had the characteristics of someone without much experience, although the author has 4 other titles accredited to her, and although the plot was believable, a lot of the places didn't have much explanation, and as the writer is a Nantucket native, that is to be expected. And although I would have liked to see a little more trial and error and struggle on the main characters part, the plot did take a totally unexpected turn at the end, redeeming the book slightly in my eyes. So I'd recommend it as a totally light fluffy beach read because its incredibly easy to get absorbed in. I stayed up until one in the morning finishing it. But I would not give it as a gift nor buy it because lets be honest there are far better books worth owning. So if you wish to read Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer, get it at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say