Saturday, August 27, 2011

God that was loud!

So on one of the last days of summer vacation, my mom, myself and my little sister went and shot guns. Yes you read that right, we went to a shooting range. And it was probably one of the most exhilarating things I have ever done. My mom actually had a shooting range at the summer camp she use to go to as a girl, so she was pretty good at it, but I hadn't seen a gun in real life before that day. Which is surprising considering where I live and all. First we had to call my dad to make sure he was ok with it. We got him at work and apparently his students were really confused by the conversation.

Anyway, we got the whole gun safety talk and my mom went in first to figure out how this whole range thing worked before she let me and my sister go in. We watched her through bullet proof glass. Now the gun we rented from the store was just your basic hand gun. It wasn't all that loud and the kickback wasn't awful. Basically it was an amazing first time gun. Then another guy started shooting in the lane next to us. I don't know what kind of gun he had but it was startlingly loud, had gigantic shells, and a laser pointer. Basically it was a hardcore pro gun. And it startled the heck out of my mom.

Anyway after she shot some, I did. And it was such a weird feeling! It was actually really relaxing and distressing once I was done. Thank god my little sister was scared of the idea of shooting, that was a nice calming thought. Afterwards we went to Dot's and got root beer floats. All in all, a great way to go into the school year.
Hogue Rubber Grip Colt Det. Special/Diamondback Rubber Monogrip
This is my dream gun. Just imagine it with a beautiful wooden handle.
Isn't that an amazing image! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say