Sunday, November 11, 2012

Trying to Explain My Weekends is Like Trying to Read Alphabet Soup

Its no secret that I love to keep myself busy. My friends make fun of me, saying that my "down time" is volunteer work with Soldiers Angels, but I digress. Generally my schedule is pretty set, busy but normal. However every once in a while something crazy comes up that shifts my day around. Alright maybe twice a month but you get the idea. This past weekend was spent at the ACDA All State Conferience. ACDA is a national organization  which has yearly choir conferences including a few different All State Choirs for kids of different ages. I've tried out a few times for All State choirs throughout the years but have never gotten in, until now.
Being a part of the Women's Choir at ACDA was an amazing experience, one that I will never forget. Never before had I been a part of a choir that was so professional and so dedicated to singing. Our conductor, Rollo Dilworth was so energetic and involved in bringing out the best in each one of us. We even sang one of his songs, a gospel song that has been stuck in my head ever since. Seeing a conductor get so into leading his choir like Dr. Dilworth does always makes me incredibly happy.

This is a picture my Dad took at the concert. 
I am the one in the green dress on the front row

In other news, this weekend I am heading to the LMEA All State, another music conference which is very similar to the ACDA one in many ways. The LMEA auditions are all in person instead of recordings and has two rounds instead of one. As far as I know I am the first student from Lusher to go to the LMEA Choral All State, and I am looking forward to it.

Last but certainly not least I found out last week that I was accepted to the ACDA Women's National Honor Choir, which will take place in Dallas next March. 8 students from my school were accepted and I am very psyched to see what it holds in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say