Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

It seems to be a thing to do a Thanksgiving post, almost all the blogs I read are doing one, so I figured I'd jump on that band wagon.
This year my family is back up in New York as we are every year, bonding with everyone and enjoying the city. I didn't go to the parade this year, although my cousins were in it yet again. As a typical teen I stayed up till midnight and slept till noon. It's the holidays, I get to chill a bit.
My father and I walked down to see the freedom tower, which was incredible to see in person. I was about 5 during 9/11 so my memories are vague, however my dad was in his early 40s, and we had a long conversation about it.
There wasn't all that much to see besides construction, but the building is so majestic, I was awe struck looking up at it. I think it will be completed next year, and my family and I will be able to go and pay our respects.
Tonight we gorged on turkey and other amazing food, and reflected on what we have to be thankful for. I have so much to be thankful for, and I won't bore you with listing everything ( although I do love lists) but what I am most thankful for is my family, for standing by me and supporting me for 16 years. I would be totally lost without them, and love everyone so much. Have a happy turkey day everyone, may your plates and hearts always be full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you mean and mean what you say